May 3, 2009
The San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) reports that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has confirmed four new cases of human infection with H1N1 Influenza in San Diego County residents.
The four new cases are a 3-year-old female, a 17-year-old male, a 35-year-old female and a 33-year-old male. The 35-year-old female and 33-year-old male are cases previously confirmed by the military. This brings the total number of confirmed cases in San Diego County to 15.
Cases confirmed so far:
- A 17-year-old male (5/3/09)
- A 3-year-old female (5/3/09)
- A 35-year-old female (5/3/09)
- A 33-year-old male (5/3/09)
- A 48-year-old male (5/1/09)
- A 22-year-old female and her 3-year-old daughter (5/1/09)
- A 23-year-old male (4/29/09)
- A 20-year-old male (4/27/09)
- A 7-year-old male (4/24/09), his 38-year-old father and 3-year-old brother (4/29/09)
- A 54-year-old male and his 16-year-old daughter (4/23/09)
- A 10-year-old male (4/21/09)
The San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts in Paradise Hills, Kearny High School in Kearny Mesa and Mission Hills High School in San Marcos remain closed as a precaution until further notice.
For more information
County H1N1 Flu Site
2-1-1 San Diego phone information
CDC H1N1 Flu Site
Email Updates Get County news and information delivered to your inbox