December 21, 2010
Heavy rain, strong winds and the possibility of isolated thunderstorms are in the forecast tomorrow, prompting emergency officials to ask residents to be prepared and cautious.
Below are some tips to keep you safe as the storm approaches:
- Monitor local television and radio stations for flood warnings. The county is currently under a flood watch until tomorrow afternoon.
- Get the latest forecast details from the National Weather Service at www.nws.gov/sandiego.
- Know how to shut off electricity at the fuse panel and gas at the meter.
- Avoid downed power lines and broken glass.
- Never cross a flooded road, and do not attempt to go around a road closure sign.
- Get information about County of San Diego road closures at http://sdcdpw.org/emergency.
- Get free sandbags for your property from the County Department of Public Works and CAL FIRE at the following locations:
- Valley Center, CAL FIRE Station 73: 28205 N. Lake Wohlford Road
- Valley Center, CAL FIRE Station 70: 16971 Highway 76
- Julian, CAL FIRE Station 50: 1587 Highway 78
- Ramona, CAL FIRE Mount Woodson Station: 16310 Highway 67
- Fallbrook, North County Fire Protection District, Station 4: 4375 Pala Mesa Drive
- Dulzura, CAL FIRE Station 30: 17304 Highway 94
For additional information, visit www.ReadySanDiego.org or call 211.
Email Updates Get County news and information delivered to your inbox