To use this website you must agree to the disclaimer.
Follow these steps:
- Click Search - A LOGIN page will open in a new window.
*IMPORTANT* This login page requires a generic username and password. username:PUBLIC password:PUBLIC
- Keep both windows open so you can use these directions if needed.
- Type the username and password (both are PUBLIC)
- Click the LOGIN button.
A new window will open.
- In the new window, double click on the words: DEH-HMD-PERMITTED-SITE-RECORDS-COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO
- A new page will open titled: Query Criteria for Application 'DEH-HMD-PERMITTED-SITE RECORDS'
- Now you are logged into the Query Page. (got to Step 2 Query Data)
There are several functions on the Query Page you can use to create and refine queries. The functions are explained through links below:
Query Page Notes
Search Range Notes
You must be inside the Query Page to use these steps:
|Show||Index Name||Search Value
- Put a "√" in the boxes beneath Show to choose the Index Name(s) you would like displayed in the Results Table (as above). Checking the box does not effect how you query, it only changes which fields are shown in your custom results table.
- Always put a "√" next to REFERENCE NAME.
- Next, under Search Value (the long horizontal box to the right of the Index Name on the Query Page), enter the criteria to narrow your search.
- Use * as a wildcard to maximize search results. Wildcard cannot be successfully used in PERMIT, YEAR, STREETNO, DIR, or ZIP fields.
- Tip: If you want to search for a business by the "BUSINESS NAME", try typing part of the business name surrounded by two asterisks instead of typing the entire business name (i.e. for Grant’s Auto Body Shop, search for *grant*). This will cause the system to return all the possible businesses with that partial name.
- Tip: If you search using the full "BUSINESS NAME" and that name is not typed exactly the same in the system you may not find the business records you desire.
- To search for a site by "PERMIT", you need to know the six digit Facility Permit # assigned by the CUPA. This can be found on your permit, annual invoice (the format is HK-_ _-XXXXXX) or by using the Hazardous Materials Establishment Search.
- The Search Range feature is on the right side of the Query Page. You can search a city block by choosing "search range" function and "between" and then enter a range of values (i.e. to search the 5000 block of a El Cajon Blvd., type *El Cajon* in the "STREET" field and, in the "STREET NO" field, choose the Search Range feature, choose "between" and type 5000 and 5999).
- Click the SUBMIT button to run the query.
There are several functions on the Results Table you can use to view and save PDF files or to run another query. The functions are explained in the links below:
View PDF Files
How to Run a new query
How to Logout
return to top
You must be inside the Results Table page to use these steps:
- Results are 20 per page with 500 records maximum. [Scroll to the right side of page to view the next 20 records and so on.]
- If you get a result page with 500 records, refine your search as you may not being viewing all of the possible records you seek.
- Click on the header rows to sort the results. There is no secondary sort.
Sort results by “Reference Name” so business files are grouped. The default sort may not group files logically, so this step is important.
- See the explanation of View as PDF to view and save files.
- Highlight (click anywhere on) a document, then right click and choose View as PDF.
- This enables saving the PDF to a local drive.
- This is the preferred method of downloading and saving files. [NOTE: Viewing a larger document is faster and easier if you save the PDF to your own computer than if you read it from the results table.]
- The search program's Print Files Feature is not fully functional at this time. Simply save the PDF on your computer or thumb drive and print using adobe acrobat print menu.
- The search program's Export Feature is not fully functional at this time. Instead, save the PDF on your computer or thumb drive and e-mail using your own e-mail program.
- The search program's Text Search Feature is not fully functional at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions about HMD's Searchable Files
Site Assessment Files Review
Food Facility Search