COUNTY MAINTAINED SEWER DISTRICTS
Alpine, Campo Hills, Julian, Lakeside, Pine Valley, Rancho Del Campo, Pine Valley, and Winter Gardens
SEWER DESIGN (Plan Pointers)
Basic items required on all sewer plans:
1. Sanitation District signature block with words "VALID TWO YEARS FROM DATE"
2. Vicinity Map
3. Sewer Notes
4. Owner's Certificate with owner's address and phone number
5. Engineer's Statement of Responsible Charge
6. Assessor's parcel number(s) and short legal description
7. RCE stamp - legible and with current date
8. Engineer's current business address and phone number
If the above are omitted, we will refuse to accept the plan for checking.
Things to remember in designing a County Sewer Extension:
1. Required every 500 feet or less.
2. Stub with a plug must be 20 feet or less.
3. Line extending more than 20 feet beyond last manhole must have a clean out at the end.
4. Line over 100 feet requires a manhole.
5. Manhole channel diagrams.
1. Minimum radius for all curves is 200 feet.
2. A vertical curve is not allowed in the same segment (between manholes) with a horizontal curve.
3. No reverse curves (curves opening in opposing directions within the same segment, similar to the letter "S").
1. Both invert elevation and rim elevation of all manholes must be shown on the profile.
2. Slope and length of segment must be shown on profile for all segments; stubs must show length and slope.
3. Diameter and material must be shown at least once on each sheet on profile and on segment where there is a change in either.