Your County Government Community
Kids & Families
Environment Public Safety Jobs

Public Works

DPW Home
About DPW
Accela Online Permit Database System
Consumer Information
Engineering Services
Environment Services
Flood Control
Land Development
Landfill Management
Permits and Forms
Special Assessment Districts
County Surveyor
Frequently Asked Questions
Site Map
Current Job Openings

Related Links


How To Report Traffic Light Outages

Printer Friendly
Font Size Extra Large Font Size Large Font Size Default
DPW Logo

We rely on you to tell us when a traffic signal is out or not working properly. To report a malfunctioning traffic signal, please let us know as soon as possible.

If it is a County signal, call (858) 694-3850. You can also report the problem on our interactive Service Request Form.

In addition to the more than 150 signals operated by the County of San Diego in the unincorporated areas, eighteen cities and the State of California also operate traffic signals throughout the region. Knowing which agency's traffic signal needs attention can be confusing. Here are some tips to help, and some phone numbers to call.

  1. Click here to see a list of the intersections where the County of San Diego maintains traffic signals. If the signal you’re calling about is on that list, please call us at (858) 694-3850, or report it on our service request form.
  2. Is the intersection not on the list? If it is located at a freeway ramp or on a state highway (like SR-76, SR-78, Jamacha Road, etc.,  those signals are maintained by the State of California, and you should call them at (858) 467-3056.
  3. If the malfunctioning signal is not at a County or State intersection, it must be part of an individual city’s system. You can see a list of cities and their web sites where you can find phone numbers to call for signal malfunctions.

Roads Home