Your County Government Community
Kids & Families
Environment Public Safety Jobs

Department of General Services

Annual Reports
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Public Review
County Operations Center
County Energy Management Program
Energy Efficiency & Conservation
Facility Maintenance
Facility Planning, Design, & Construction
Fleet Management
Mail Services
Real Estate Services
Strategic Plan 2011-2015
Contact Us

Printer Friendly
Font Size Extra Large Font Size Large Font Size Default



Authorized public assemblies may occur only in the specified outdoor Public Assembly Areas at the CAC.  These areas are the west side of the CAC between the fountain and North Harbor Drive, the east side of the CAC between the flag pole and Pacific Highway, and the north and south sides of the CAC on the sidewalk areas, but not on the entrance steps.  These events may occur only during the hours of 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.

To apply for use of the grounds of the CAC for a public assembly:

Use of the CAC Parking Lots and East and West Plazas

The CAC parking lots and east and west plazas are available for use by non-profit community groups, Monday through Friday between 6 p.m. and 7 a.m., on weekends and on holidays (when the CAC is not open to the public for normal County business).  This type of use requires insurance and may also require a refundable damage/cleaning deposit.

The County requires a refundable security deposit of $1,000 to assure the area used for the event is left clean, free of debris and undamaged.  All or any portion of the security deposit shall be available unconditionally to the County for the purpose of cleaning or repairing damages to property as necessary resulting from the event.

A health permit issued by the County Department of Environmental Health may be required if food or beverage is to be served at the event.  Serving or consuming alcoholic beverages is not permitted on County property.

The Facility Use Application does not cover the use of any area adjacent to the County Administration Center as those areas are under the jurisdiction of the City of San Diego or the Port District.

Commercial general liability insurance that names the County of San Diego, it's officers, employees and agents as an additional insured will be required for any outdoor use.  Specific coverage requirements will be provided to the applicant.

To apply for use of the CAC Parking Lots and East and West Plazas:


CAC Meeting Rooms

County of San Diego Departments and non-County governmental agencies may request the use of meeting rooms within the County Administration Center.  The term "non-County governmental agency" means federal, state and local governmental agencies other than the County.  Use of these rooms is limited to normal building operating hours and must not require the commitment of County resources other than the use of the space at the CAC.  Reservation requests may be submitted by fax or mail using the Room Reservation Request Form.

Use of the CAC for Post-Wedding Activities

The 6th, 7th, and 8th floors in the CAC tower are available for post-wedding activities related to weddings performed by the County Clerk only if the room is not needed for County business.  These rooms may be used only during normal business hours of 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays.  Requests shall be submitted for consideration using a Facility Use Application.  An interactive Facility Use Application is also available.  Please complete the application online, print it, sign it, and send it to the County.

If the application is approved, you will be required to sign a Facility Use Agreement prior to the commencement of any activity.  The license charge for using a room is $70 per hour with a minimum of two hours.  The person requesting use of a room shall pay the County a refundable cleaning deposit in an amount determined by the County.  

For additional information about the County Administration Center facility, activity calendar and/or related forms please contact the Property Manager at (619) 531-5197.