Vision: Our Vision is to become a trusted advisor, not just a service provider, and turn customers into clients.
The Department of General Services (DGS) is primarily an internal service department within the County of San Diego. The DGS ensures that other County departments have the necessary workspaces, services and vehicles to accomplish their own business objectives. These services range from real estate leasing and acquisition support to capital improvement and architectural planning; from facility maintenance and repair services to security management; from vehicle acquisition and maintenance to refueling services.
For further details on any of the services provided by the Department of General Services, select the appropriate link from the left-hand navigation bar.
Director: April F. Heinze, PE
Asst. Director: Lou Cavagnaro, PE
Mission: The Department of General Services of the County of San Diego will provide cost effective, efficient, quality and timely support services to County clients enabling them to fulfill their mission to the public.
HEADLINES & NEWS RELEASES
• County Fleet by the Numbers - July 11, 2014
• Fleet's Drive to the Top - June 6, 2014
• San Diego's New Front Porch - May 10, 2014
• Rolling Out the Green Carpet - April 28, 2014
• The Trees Are Here! - March 24, 2014
• Seeing Green: The Trees Planted at CAC - March 10, 2014
• County Rewards Employee's Bright Ideas with Awards, Cash - January 30, 2014
• County Breaks Ground on New Boulevard Fire Station - January 23, 2014
• Park Fountain Gets Not So Dry Run - December 17, 2013
• New Voting Headquarters a Clear Winner - December 3, 2013
• County Goes Big on Little Italy Parking Structure - December 2, 2013
• What Was Up Goes Down - September 24, 2013
• Moving on Up ... to the Top 20! - June 26, 2013
• This Soon Will Disappear - June 25, 2013
• A Hidden Gallery, In Plain Sight - May 31, 2013
• Walls Go Up, More Views to Go In to New Voting HQ - May 2, 2013
• Electric Car Gets a Test Run - February 27, 2013
• Waterfront Park Project Goes Deep - February 3, 2013
• Grand Opening for the Little Library that Could . . . - January 24, 2013