The Committee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- The primary purpose of a Child Abuse Prevention Coordinating Council (CAPCC) is to coordinate the community’s efforts to prevent and respond to child abuse.
- CAPCC meets to develop information, coordinate action, and procure resources for child abuse prevention, intervention and treatment.
- CAPCC will provide a forum for interagency cooperation and coordination in the prevention, detection, treatment, and legal processing of child abuse cases.
- Promote public awareness of abuse and neglect and the resources available.
- Encourage and facilitate training of professionals in detection, treatment, and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Recommend improvements in services to families and victims.
- Encourage and facilitate community support for child abuse and neglect programs.
Health & Human Services Agency, Mail Stop: W-473