The Committee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- The primary purpose of a Child Abuse Prevention Coordinating Council (CAPCC) is to coordinate the community’s efforts to prevent and respond to child abuse.
- CAPCC meets to develop information, coordinate action, and procure resources for child abuse prevention, intervention and treatment.
- CAPCC will provide a forum for interagency cooperation and coordination in the prevention, detection, treatment, and legal processing of child abuse cases.
- Promote public awareness of abuse and neglect and the resources available.
- Encourage and facilitate training of professionals in detection, treatment, and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Recommend improvements in services to families and victims.
- Encourage and facilitate community support for child abuse and neglect programs.
Meeting Date and Location
Quarterly Meeting Schedule
April 16, 2013
July 16, 2013
October 15, 2013
5520 Overland Ave. (Maps/Directions)
San Diego, CA 92123
4:00pm - 6:00pm
Health & Human Services Agency, Mail Stop: W-473