About Volunteers in Child Welfare Services
For more information About Volunteers in Child Welfare Services phone 858-874-1058 or send us an email.
Volunteers... the first to lend a hand, the last to walk away.
The Volunteers in Child Welfare Services is proud of its volunteer accomplishments. Much of the success and growth can be attributed to the national increase in volunteerism, and the generosity of the people of San Diego County far exceeds the national average.
Volunteers share not only their time, talents and treasures, but also:
- The desire to help others
- A sympathetic ear and an open mind
- A positive outlook
BASIC VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:
Are you willing to:
- Participate in an overview and orientation?
- Complete all application forms?
- Receive fingerprint clearance?
- Complete TB test, LiveScan fingerprinting, and a Health Statement for volunteering at Polinsky Children's Center
- Accept supervision?
- Be able to volunteer at least 8 hours per month, for a minimum of one year?
- Possess a valid California driver's license and auto insurance (if you drive during your volunteer assignment)?
- Follow current policies and procedures?
- Submit Time Sheets and Mileage Forms when necessary?
Volunteers must be at least 21 years old and cannot have a criminal history.
For more information phone 858-874-1058 or send us an email.