For more information, call 619-692-8808 or send us an email.
Purpose: The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program helps to prevent and identify health problems by providing periodic well-child exams to children who qualify and by linking them to ongoing health care coverage so they will grow up healthy.
Register for the upcoming Audiometric Workshop HERE.
Order School Health Materials ONLINE.
CHDP Provider Directory (updated April 2014).
About Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program
For more information about the Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program, send us an email.
The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program prevents and identifies health problems through periodic, no-cost well-child health exams to help children who qualify, grow up healthy.
The CHDP Gateway links eligible children to ongoing healthcare coverage.
CHDP exams are available at certain ages.
CHDP exams consist of:
- Complete physical exam
- Dental assessment
- Nutritional evaluation
- Developmental assessment
- Review of health history
- Height, weight and blood pressure measurements
- Vision and hearing tests
- Tests for anemia, blood lead poisoning and tuberculosis
- Health Education
Children and youth must live in California and meet one of the following requirements:
- Under 21 years of age and on Medi-Cal
- Under 19 and from a low-income family
- In Foster Care
Additional Resources and Links
- To find a doctor who can provide a CHDP no-cost well-child exam or to learn more about CHDP, call 1-800-675-2229
- If you have a question about an exam or a letter you received from the CHDP Program, call 619-692-8808
- Download a CHDP Brochure about CHDP services in English and Spanish
- CHDP Gateway links children who qualify to Medi-Cal
- For additional information on the CA state CHDP program see The California Department of Healthcare Services website at: http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/Pages/default.aspx
For more information phone 619-692-8808 or send us an email.