For more information phone 619-692-4136 or send us an email.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Unit is available to assist any program within the Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) by providing consultation services to achieve an effective health care delivery system for County clinics and programs.
Vision Statement: A high quality public health delivery system of care for the residents of the County of San Diego.
Public Health Services (PHS) Activities
- Conduct annual inspection of all County Public Health Clinics
- Collect, review and analyze all grievances and incident reports pertaining to any public health clinic
- Review and update of PHS policies and procedures
- Offer training to introduce and reinforce policies and procedures
- Conduct quarterly site assessment of the Polinsky Children's Center (PCC) Medical Clinic
- Collect, review and analyze medical-related grievances and incident reports
- Joint development of a quality management plan with PCC medical clinic administration
- Monthly Operations/QA meeting to ensure adherence to the PCC contract and quality management plan
- Monthly review of Wellness Team performance in the Juvenile Detention Facilities
Corrections Standards Authority (CSA)
- Annual audit of local detention facilities medical, mental health, food services safety and sanitation standards to ensure compliance with Title 15 Standards
- Results of audits reported to the Facilities Commander, CSA, County Counsel and the Public Health Officer