Court Referred Child Safety Seat Program
For more information send us an email or phone 619-338-2799
The Court Referred Child Passenger Safety Program, a program of the Community Action Partnership (CAP) is designed for court referred individuals with safety violations involving child passenger safety infractions. Funded by court imposed fines the program provides education, instruction, and information on the proper use and installation of child passenger safety seats and use of seat belts, as well as distribution of low-cost child passenger safety seats to participants referred by the courts.
- Promoting and facilitating safe transportation of children by increasing proper installation and use of child passenger safety seats and use of seat belts.
- Provision of child safety seats.
- Inspection and installation / reinstallation by National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA)-certified technicians.
- Education on the danger of leaving young children unattended in motor vehicles.
- Increase awareness of SB 255 (Kaitlyn's Law).
- Court Referred individuals who do not have a child safety seat or restraint will be provided one.
- Certification of program completion.
The Safety Seat Program (July 2010 through June 2011)
- 269 car seats were distributed
- 256 car seats were installed
- 226 car seats were inspected
- 364 individuals were served
- 48 child passenger safety seat classes were provided
For more information, contact:
Pacific Safety Council
9880 Via Pasar, Suite F
San Diego, CA 92126
Phone number: 858-621-2313