Your County Government Community
Kids & Families
Environment Public Safety Jobs

About HHSA
All Services A-Z
Event Schedule
News Releases
Advisory Boards
Search HHSA

Related Links

Self-Sufficiency Programs Homepage
CalWorks Homepage
Direct Deposit - EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer)
Additional Resources

How to Apply

Printer Friendly
Font Size Extra Large Font Size Large Font Size Default

You may apply for CalWORKs online or in person.

My Benefits CalWIN website allows you:

  • See if you are eligible for CalWORKs
  • Apply for CalWORKs benefits
  • Check your CalWORKs benefit status and amount

1. Online or click on icon below:


You still are required to attend a face-to-face interview at your nearest Family Resource Center to complete the application process.

If you are requesting Immediate Need (emergency benefits), is recommended that you apply in person at the nearest Family Resource Center.

2. In person

Visit your local Family Resource Center that accepts applications for the CalWORKs program. To locate the nearest Family Resource Center, select a facility listed below. You can also obtain office locations by zip code. If you are homeless, use the zip code of the area where you sleep the majority of the time.


3. By calling Access Call Center 1-866-262-9881

Documents needed to apply:

Be prepared to provide all verifications/documents needed for everyone applying for benefits. Please follow this link: CalWORKs/RCA - Required Documents to obtain details regarding required documents; this list is not inclusive.  It is very important to provide all verifications to be evaluated for eligibility promptly.


For more information email or call 1-866-262-9881