New Pharmacy Network Changes
LIHP & CMS Pharmacy Listing - English & Spanish
A program that funds medical care for uninsured indigent adult county residents. While not a health insurance program, CMS funds services through a network of community health centers, private physicians and hospitals.
County Medical Services information:
Effective Immediately the following LIHP/CMS Provider numbers have changed:
Provider Authorization Phone Number is now 858-658-8650
Medical Management Fax Number is now 855-394-7927
Forms offered by County Medical Services:
Provides basic County Medical Services application information.
View the County Medical Services Brochure:
The following handbooks provide information about County Medical Services.
Patient Handbook - Provides County Medical Services (CMS) information on how to receive medical services for CMS patients.
Patient Handbook (Spanish) - Proporciona información sobre County Medical Services de como recibir servicios de salud para miembros de CMS.
Provider Handbook - Provides County Medical Services (CMS) Program information for Providers.
Physician Emergency Services Fund Handbook - Information on the distribution of the Maddy Emergency Medical Services Funds, CHIP-Emergency Medical Services Appropriation (EMSA) funds and CHIP-Physician (PES) funds.
CMS Minimum Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to County Medical Services (CMS) a person must meet the minimum eligibility criteria.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Have a immediate or long-term medical need
- Be 21 through 64 years of age
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible alien, and be able to provide documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal alien status.
- Be a resident of San Diego County
- Sign lien forms for services covered by CMS
- Meet CMS financial requirements or receive General Relief
- Click here for CMS income limits
How to apply:
- Call 1-800-587-8118 to request an appointment and apply for CMS.
- Appointment locations are listed in the Patient Handbook.
For more information go to Frequently Asked Questions.