Your County Government Community
Kids & Families
Environment Public Safety Jobs

About HHSA
All Services A-Z
Event Schedule
News Releases
Advisory Boards
Search HHSA

Related Links

How to Apply for CalFresh
Eligibility Requirements
Income Limits
Benefit Amount
Documents Needed to Apply
Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card
Family Resource Centers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Community Resources and Self-Help
Fitness, Nutrition, and Resource Links


Printer Friendly
Font Size Extra Large Font Size Large Font Size Default

Documents Needed to Apply

Below is a list of documents needed when applying for CalFresh benefits.

If you are eligible to CalFresh Expedited Service, you will only need to show your identification. The other information/documents can be given to the eligibility worker later (See FAQ, “What is CalFresh Expedited Service?”)

IdentificationYour birth certificate, driver’s license, paycheck, voter registration card, school records or medical records
ResidencyYour driver’s license, check stubs, rent or mortgage receipt, lease agreement, or utility bill
Immigration StatusGreen card (I-551), I-94, or other document provided by the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)
Earned IncomeCheck stubs for the last 30 days, or a statement from your employer
Other IncomeYour award letter or a current benefit check (example: SSA, unemployment, disability)
Housing and Utility CostsMortgage or rent receipts, a lease or statement from your landlord, a property tax statement, a cancelled payment check, or utility bill or receipt (not required, but this income deduction will not be applied until verified)
Medical BillsHealth insurance, doctor bills, hospital bills, drug receipts, pharmacy statements, etc.

To find out if you may be eligible to receive CalFresh/SNAP, you can complete the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Pre-Screening Tool.

If you have any questions, call ACCESS toll-free at 866-262-9881, or e-mail ACCESS.