San Diego County is now recruiting local restaurants* for the Restaurant Meals Program (RMP). Your business may benefit from the Restaurant Meals Program by expanding your customer base and providing a service to your community.
San Diego County has over 29,000 elderly, disabled and homeless individuals who receive CalFresh benefits. These recipients are now able to use their Golden State Advantage (EBT) cards to purchase meals from approved restaurants and delis.
*Restaurant is defined as a private for-profit establishment where meals are sold and served to customers, including in store deli’s and food trucks.
Participation is easy:
- Complete a RMP Application Packet:
- Sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the County.
Click here to complete an MOU, print, and submit with original signatures.
- Complete an application for certification for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service (FNS).
Click here to complete an Application for Meal Services Form FNS-252-2, print, and submit with original signatures. (Click here for information regarding form FNS-252-2 and tips on how to complete the application.)
- Include the following documents:
- Copy of a government issued photo identification card and a copy of a Social Security card, or other verification of a Social Security Number for:
- all owners/partners
- all officer(s) of private corporations
- all spouses of owners/officers
Note: Above documentation is not required for publicly-owned corporations.
- Copy of a valid health permit or business license for each location
- Mail the signed MOU, FNS-252-2 and all supporting documentation to:
Health and Human Services Agency
Restaurant Meals Program
Attn: CalFresh Program Specialist
1255 Imperial Avenue, Room 446
San Diego, CA 92101
- Receive your approval and FNS number from the USDA.
- Send a copy of your approval to the County address above.
- Add San Diego County to your business liability insurance as indicated in Article II, Section 5 of the MOU. Certificate of Liability Insurance must be submitted to the County upon request.
- Get ready to receive eligible Restaurant Meals Program Participants by completing a Xerox EBT Retailer Settlement Authorization and Agreement Form to receive a state issued Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) equipment at no charge or integrate EBT into your current commercial Point-of-Sale (POS) equipment.
Click here to print a copy of the Retailer Settlement Authorization and Agreement Form
Mail completed form to:
Xerox State & Local Solutions
National Retail Management Center
P.O. Box 80469
Austin, TX 78727
For more information on EBT:
Call: (866) 217-1076
To contact the County regarding the RMP:
Call: (855) 817-2323