About South Region Center
The South Region manages social service and public health programs. Deputy Director Barbara Jiménez serves as the general manager. Day-to-day operations are provided by Assistant Deputy Director, Jessica Newmyer. Our goal is to ensure the highest quality customer services to the public.
For more information phone 619-409-3302 or send us an email.
Services offered by South Region Administration:
The HHSA South Region Center provides general public health and social services to children, youth and adults living and working in the South Bay Region. The South Region Center offers:
- clinic and home visiting public health services through our Public Health Center;
- CalWORKs, Food Stamps, Medi-Cal and General Relief services through our County Family Resource Center;
- Welfare-to-Work employment, career retention and support services for CalWORKs clients through MAXIMUS (County funded Welfare-to-Work contractor);
- County Medical Services assistance program for eligible adult residents with serious health problems;
- Child Care Resource Services to assist CalWORKs families and
- Child Protective Service social workers who investigate suspected child abuse or neglect referrals reported to the child abuse Hotline.
County Medical Services
For more information about County Medical Services, phone 619-409-3411
Medical assistance program which covers medical services for eligible adult residents with serious health problems.
- Monday through Friday (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Child Care Resource Services
For more information about Child Care Resource Services, phone 619-409-4774
Assist CalWORKs families by contracting with quality childcare providers to pay for childcare expenses while the family participates in an approved welfare-to-work activity. Child care information sessions are provided. Call for times and dates for information sessions.
- Monday through Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)