Employment available directly though the Department of Parks and Recreation:
The Seasonal Park Attendant classification is an hourly, temporary, non- benefited position which may be located at any of our facilities throughout the County.
Seasonal Park Attendants assist department staff with providing information and services to the public and support staff with basic duties; and may be full or part-time positions. The minimum qualifications required to be considered for this classification include:
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 6-months of experience related to recreational, public relations, or educational programs, explaining rules and regulations, housekeeping, grounds keeping, grounds maintenance, minor construction/repair or naturalist duties.
- Completion of 12 units of college level coursework in a relevant field may be substituted for the experience requirement.
Openings are considered as needed by the site supervisor according to the needs of the facility and the qualifications of the applicant. A complete job description can be found here. Applications for these positions are accepted on an ongoing basis and are kept on file for one year.
To access the application, please ensure you have the most recent version of Adobe Reader. You can update your version for free by clicking here.
MAC Users: The Safari web browser is incompatible with this form; please use an alternate web browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome.
For the fastest and most accurate processing of your application please e-mail it to us!
To e-mail your application:
- Complete the application fully.
- Save it to your local computer as a pdf document.
- Attach the document to an e-mail, enter “Seasonal Application” in the subject line.
- E-mail the document to DPR.HR@sdcounty.ca.gov
Hard copy applications are not accepted at Parks & Recreation facilities, if you need to submit a printed application, you may do so by printing and mailing the typewritten, completed form to the address below. Resumes are not accepted.
County of San Diego, Department of Parks & Recreation
Attn: HR Staff/Recruiting
5500 Overland Dr., Suite 410
San Diego, CA 92123
For the Seasonal Park Attendant application CLICK HERE
Vacancies for regular, full time positions within the Department of Parks and Recreation (such as Park Ranger) are recruited through the County of San Diego, Department of Human Resources. To check for current recruitment's click here. For more information regarding the County's application process, please go to this page or contact the Department of Human Resources directly at (619) 236-2191.
The Department of Parks and Recreation may be able to assist students with an unpaid internship to meet college credit requirements. To express interest in such an opportunity, please visit our volunteer page.