Primary components of the Project at this time include:
- Land Use Map Revisions include approximately:
- 71,600 acres of private parcels subject to the former Forest Conservation Initiative (FCI) within the Alpine, Central Mountain, Desert, Jamul/Dulzura, Julian, Mountain Empire, North Mountain, Pendleton - DeLuz, and Ramona planning areas;
- 400 acres of adjacent properties
- Amendments to the Alpine, Central Mountain, Jamul/Dulzura and North Mountain Community Plans
- Property Specific Zoning changes that would result from the General Plan changes
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND PLANNING COMMISSION HEARINGS
DRAFT SUPPLEMENTAL EIR
Notice of Availability of Draft SEIR and GPA
SEIR Comment Letters
The review period for the Supplemental EIR prepared for this project ended on March 18, 2013. The comment letters received are provided below.
On December 8, 2010 the Board of Supervisors directed staff to prepare a General Plan Amendment for the Forest Conservation Initiative lands consistent with the adopted General Plan land use designations. The FCI was a voter-approved initiative which required that private lands within the Cleveland National Forest in San Diego County have a minimum lot size of 40 acres. The FCI was originally approved in 1993 and expired on December 31, 2010. The land use map changes adopted as part of the General Plan Update did not include FCI lands. When the FCI expired, the areas affected by the FCI reverted to the land use designations in effect before the FCI was enacted. As a result, the General Plan Update land use designations, Guiding Principles and Policies are not consistent with those currently applied to the former FCI lands.
Land Use Map Revisions
Below are land use maps showing the currently adopted General Plan and the Draft map with proposed changes. FCI Lands are shown on the maps provided below as follows:
Current General Plan - BLACK hatch
Draft Land Use Map - heavy RED outline
The project proposes changes to property specific zoning that would result from the General Plan Amendment. Most of these changes are properties changing to commercial in the General Plan needing a compatible commercial zone or properties with increased subdivision potential changing to a smaller lot size under zoning. The Zoning changes include a Draft Ordinance for a complete list of property specific changes and corresponding maps.
FCI Property Specific Zoning Changes