Each year, HCD receives funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for homeless assistance under the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG). The ESG program is designed to be the first step in a continuum of assistance to prevent homelessness and to enable homeless individuals and families to move toward independent living.
ESG funds are used by emergency shelters and transitional housing facilities for activities such as: renovation, rehabilitation and conversion of building for use as an emergency shelter or transitional housing, essential services, operating costs and homeless prevention activities.
HCD currently funds five programs in San Diego County with ESG funds. Please contact providers directly for eligibility and availability:
• Interfaith Shelter Network of San Diego (619)702-5399
• Interfaith Community Services (760) 489-6380
• North County Serenity House (760) 233-4533
• North County Solutions for Change (760) 941-6545
• Community Resource Center (760) 753-1156
For more information on how your agency may apply for the Emergency Solutions Grant program, please contact us at (858) 694-8712.